As I have said before (and any of you who know me will know) I'm a HUGE bookworm.
I love the Good Reads website, they also have a cool iPhone app too (it's free too) Anyway on Good Reads I recently joined the Paranormal Romance group, because I read alot of PNR books. On the discussion boards there there is this cool person "Yz the Whyz" that sets monthly Challenges for Book addicts like me. Here is July's challenge:
This time we will be doing one that I call The Challenge of Time and Place.
Challenge Duration: July 1, 2010 - July 31, 2010
Settings, including both the time element and location, are as important in the makings of a good story as great characters and well-though out plot line.
1. Read a book that is set in the past (historical).
2. Read a book that is set in the present (contemporary).
3. Read a book that is set in the future (futuristic).
4. Read a book that involves time-travel.
5. Read a book that was popular on the year that you were born.
A good source for #5 is Good Reads or Fantastic Fiction
6. Read a book that is set in a major city (urban)
7. Read a book that is set in a rural setting, small town or country.
8. Read a book that is set in space or off-planet.
9. Read a book that happens in a place that is completely created by the author's imagination or a place that cannot be found in a current world map. (fantasy).
10. Read a book set in the city, state or country you currently lived in, or a place, city, state or country you have visited.
But no reading before July 1st. books close July 31st.
This really looks like a challenge and a half especially since its my first challenge attempt, but I am gonna give it a go. Did I mention just to make things harder, 7 out of the 10 books you choose have to be Paranormal Romance?
I'll post my list as soon as I get it together, I think its gonna take a little bit of research. So stay tuned!
Does anyone fancy joining me on this challenge?